Marketing & Communications Officer
Glasgow Short Film Festival
Salary: £3750 (25 days @ £150)
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the promotion and communications of the online edition of Glasgow Short Film Festival (17-23 August 2020).
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 13th edition of the festival was cancelled at short notice in March. A limited version of the festival will take place online; this presents an opportunity for someone with experience of digital marketing to develop a promotional campaign and to create ways of generating conversation and buzz around the festival programme.
The festival programme will be geo-blocked to the UK – the marketing & communications coordinator will devise strategies for engaging audiences across Scotland and the UK, many experiencing GSFF or even any short film festival for the first time. Due to current working restrictions, the successful candidate should be confident in taking initiative and working independently.
- Design and implement a digital marketing campaign, identifying and engaging audiences for various aspects of the programme
- Maintain and update the festival website, blog and newsletter
- Coordinate the festival’s social media channels
- Work with the festival designer to ensure all communications are consistent with the festival creative
- Research and implement platforms for conversations during the festival, between public audiences, industry participants and filmmakers
Person Specification (Essential/Desirable):
- Experience of working in a creative digital marketing role in a festival environment or similar, literate in relevant digital tools and apps (E)
- The ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines, with excellent attention to detail (E)
- A creative self-starter, anticipating and planning for eventualities without day-to-day management (E)
- Positive, outgoing and resourceful attitude, a good communicator (E)
- Knowledge of arts audiences and networks in Glasgow and across Scotland (E)
- A passion for film (D)
To apply, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com.
Deadline: Friday 19 June, 1pm.
Interviews will take place via video call the following week.
GSFF is committed to equality and accessibility.
We treat all job applications equally regardless of ethnicity, religion, disability, social background, age, gender identity or sexual orientation.
We will do our best to remove any barriers for people applying for or carrying out freelance roles. General festival accessibility information can be found here: https://glasgowshort.org/visiting-the-festival/access
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any further questions about this role: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 19/06/2020 at 13:00