Cinema Technical Manager
Who We Are
Soho House is a collection of private members’ clubs, hotels, cinemas and restaurants, spread across UK, Europe, North America and Asia.
White City House Screening Rooms are located in the heart of the BBC Television Centre White City, and set to open this September in West London. Screen 1 has 51 seats, Screen 2 has 37 seats, and the third screening room, complete with post production facilities, has 32 seats. This new build compliments our existing five screening rooms in the UK and is our very first 3 screen site. Providing daily screenings for our members as well as private screenings, we will be screening over 35 different films each week.
Equally as popular for private hire, our cinemas’ clients range from advertising agencies, screenings for press launches or corporate entertaining to birthdays and filmmakers’ rushes, including distributors screenings. White City House Screening Rooms are fully digital with 4K laser phosphor projection in all screens, Dolby Atmos, 3D and satellite capabilities.
We are looking for a Cinema Technical Manager to join our new opening – White City House Screening Rooms.
The position requires a wide range of skills including knowledge and experience in all forms of film and video formats; AV/IT knowledge and experience is preferred as well as the ability to work with different computer systems.
To work a varied rota split over five days, including a minimum of one evening shift per week as well as weekend work when required.
• Full responsibility for the operation of the site as required in all film and digital video formats as well as a comprehensive knowledge of alternative content options. Post production experience is not essential but will be considered an asset.
• Maintenance of all projection equipment with a strength in diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• To be knowledgeable in additional AV equipment across the rest of the building.
• To be the main point of contact with our members and private clients regarding all technical needs and responsibility for sourcing additional hire equipment when necessary.
Administration / Site Management:
• Work closely with the group Print Transport Manager to ensure that the process for the receipt, presentation, preparation and despatch of films and content keys is systematic and effective.
• Preparation of projection staff rota and responsibility for ensuring all holiday is covered.
• Write weekly reports on cinema to be shared with site GMs for distribution.
• Deal with all relevant guest enquiries and complaints.
• Ensure the cinema’s compliance within local license requirements.
If you are interested and would like to be considered for this role, please email your CV and cover letter to Pat Wakeley: email@example.com.
Applications should reach us by 6pm on Friday 9 August.
The closing date for this position is 09/08/2019 at 18:00