2024 Hebden Bridge Film Festival Assistant
Hebden Bridge Film Festival
Salary: £2400 fixed fee
Hebden Bridge Film Festival is looking for a Festival Assistant to join their team on a fixed term contract from January to March 2024.
About Hebden Bridge Film Festival
HBFF features an exciting programme of international, homegrown films and unique events with industry professionals bringing filmmakers and film lovers together in the wonderful community that Hebden Bridge is famous for. The 2024 festival will run from 15-17 March 2024.
The Festival Assistant will work with the Festival Director, assisting on all aspects of the 2024 festival.
- Hours: Approx. 2 then 3 days per week, except the week of the festival when it will be 5 days.
- Fixed fee: £2,400
- Start date: 15 January
- Contract period: January – March 2024
- Location: Mixed. Working from HB Office and home – expected to be in the office in Hebden Bridge more as it gets closer to the festival. Must be physically in the area for the last four weeks leading up to/including the festival.
Skills and experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as is the ability to work to tight deadlines and well as the ability to prioritise work, time manage and adapt to changing situations. You must have digital data skills and be able to create social media content as well as a passion for film.
- Outreach campaigns for individual films – Working out campaigns, identifying and contacting target groups, designing and writing for specific social media, visits/flyers using for example Canva or similar tools etc.
- Encouraging and managing shorts submissions for example, contacting film schools in the UK and internationally to let them know about the festival and encourage submissions, finding and joining online filmmaker forums, increasing social media around the film festival. We would particularly like more submissions from women and other marginalised filmmakers
- Asset management for all films: ensure film files/DCPs etc are in correct formats, trailer, stills, logline, and publicity materials in place and chase up if missing
- Loading content onto Dropbox and hard drive for Town Hall programme, liaising and assisting with set up and technician as well as liaising with the cinema
- Updating the website with content as needed
- Social media – must have experience in and be able to create and write copy and create reels to promote the festival, ticket sales and each film/filmmaker on – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms before and during the festival
- Communicating and Assisting with the timetabling of festival guests and their arrangements
- Liaising with Festival Board members including those responsible for Comms, Volunteer Coordinator and Volunteers for pre-festival and festival jobs
- Assisting with logistics as needed pre-, during and after the festival
- Assisting with the end-of-festival reporting in the week following and logistics, return of assets, seating etc.
- You need to be organised, good at communication and able to use digital technology like Dropbox/Asana etc.
- Any ad-hoc tasks that may arise. Lead-up to the festival may require additional hours, can be fast-paced and may be stressful at times
- The work will be spread more intensively in the lead-up to the festival. Must be available on-site in Hebden Bridge for the whole festival and in the following week for mop-up.
- 2 days a week from 15 January
- 3 days a week from 3 February
- 5 days from 11 March in the week of festival when it will be required to work all weekend
- 2 days from 18 March
Interview: online interview to be scheduled between 11 and 15 December.
The closing date for this position is 01/12/2023 at 23:59