Kilburn’s Kiln Theatre (formerly the Tricycle) started life in 1929 as a meeting hall for the Friendly Society of Foresters, before being converted to a theatre in 1980 by Shirley Barrie and Ken Chubb, who named it the Tricycle in honour of their touring theatre company. In 1998, a cinema screen was added.
Following a recent, much -needed major architectural renovation plus renaming/rebranding to Kiln Theatre, the venue has been fully redeveloped for the next generations of theatre and cinema-goers.
The venue serves a wide range of audiences from across London including its home borough of Brent, the most culturally diverse borough in London.
No of Screens: 1
Screen capacity: 289
Technical: Full spec DCI-compliant Digital Cinema Projection and sound
Programme: high quality commercial, crossover & art house
No. of shows a week: approx. 20 to 24
Regular programming: special events, parent & baby screenings, family films
Programmer: James Foran, Isabel Moir (ICO)