Marketing is central to everything your organisation does, so it’s essential to think carefully about your communications when planning a new project or reviewing your marketing channels.
We created this free resource to help cinemas and anyone working in film exhibition think more strategically about their marketing and communications. Throughout, there are tips and advice from a range of experts in the field, all with a wealth of knowledge to share. We’ve included lots of links for further reading as well as a useful resources section at the end. We hope you find it to be a helpful tool for all your future marketing endeavours.
Download it here:
Included in this guide:
- Developing your brand
- Accessibility and inclusivity
- Digital marketing
- Venue marketing
- Partnerships, sponsorship and fundraising
- Evaluation and GDPR
This guide was written by the following contributors:
- Isra Al Kassi, former Programme & Marketing Manager at Catford Mews in south London and co-founder of T A P E Collective
- Sarah Harvey, of Sarah Harvey Publicity
- Elinor Hayes, Communications and Programme Officer at Shape Arts
- Katie Moffat, Head of Digital at The Audience Agency
- Kate Ottway, Marketing & Communications Manager at the Independent Cinema Office
- Ellen Reay, Marketing Coordinator at Queen’s Film Theatre in Belfast
- Katherine Reid, Senior Consultant at Golant Innovation, part of The Audience Agency
- Micaela Tuckwell, Executive Director at the Ultimate Picture Palace in Oxford
- Sarah Vallance, Membership & Communications Manager at Phoenix in Leicester
- Lisa Wolfe, Marketing Manager at Carousel
With special thanks to Claire Stewart, Senior Communications Manager at Watershed in Bristol for consulting on this guide and to Sarah Rutterford, Operations Officer at the Independent Cinema Office for proofing.