The Film Hub South East BFI NETWORK Short Film Development Programme will run from January 2021 – April 2021.
The aim of this programme is to help writers and writer/directors develop an early stage idea for a short film into a script over the course of four months.
We will select up to ten writers based in the South East to attend sessions online, meeting regularly to collaboratively develop their short narratives from early ideas to short treatments to completed drafts.
Workshops will be facilitated by script and story editors and Film Hub South East BFI NETWORK Talent Executive Thomas Wightman plus other industry guests, delivering peer-to-peer mentoring and feedback sessions as well as providing individual guidance and notes for writer development. We will also invite producers to meet with all selected writers for script pitching sessions.
The deadline to apply to the programme is Sunday 29 November 2020.
Who can apply?
Participation in the Film Hub South East BFI NETWORK Short Film Development Programme is free and open to writers working in any creative discipline who have an idea for a short film under 15 minutes in length.
Please note that:
- We welcome applications from individuals as well as co-writing teams. You do not need to be working with a producer or director in order to apply.
- You must be based in the South East region (as defined by the BFI) and able to commit to attending a range of writing workshops, development sessions and industry events, as well as completing assigned writing work between meetings.
- Your script ideas must be original e.g. not based on existing novels, short stories or other literary works.
- This programme is for early short film script ideas, not ideas that are already in script form. If you have a more developed idea with an existing script, we suggest you consider applying for BFI NETWORK Short Film Funding.
- The programme is free and will remain online under the current circumstances.
- The full programme schedule is to be confirmed.
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply now’ at the top of this page.
- Complete the application form by 29 November 2020.
- If you need any support in completing your application, please contact us at: email@example.com
Please note that there is a selection process and we aim to let all applicants know the outcome of their registrations by end of Friday 18 December 2020.
If you have any queries about the application process or your eligibility, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org