Take me to:About the Course
- Work in film marketing?
- Want to learn how to collect, analyse and act on data to get big audiences?
We are looking for cinemas, film festivals and distributors who want to save money and time on their marketing. On this intensive three-day course, you will learn how to use data to make informed decisions that lead to big results.
This course will show you:
- How to find and target new audiences for ambitious projects
- Where you should be spending your marketing money online (and where you’re wasting it!)
- The marketing approaches top cultural organisations are using
- What data you NEED to be collecting from your audiences.
About the course
You will leave this course with a clear idea about what data you should be measuring, what marketing approaches will bring more people to see your films and how you can achieve bigger and more engaged audiences, whatever the film.
Among many other practical topics, we will cover…
- How to turn website traffic into sales
- How to gather data without being intrusive
- The implications of the new GDPR for how you collect and store data
- Making more of your databases and box office systems
- how to improve advance sales
- Making the most of your social media channels
- The value of cinema loyalty and membership schemes
Who is this course taught by?
The course is taught by experts in digital marketing and audience analytics; experts from within the film industry who will be able to give you genuine case studies of approaches that work (and help you find them too), as well as figures from across the arts who will share exciting developments that you can use.
The course leader are the Independent Cinema Office’s David Sin and Catharine Des Forges, both of whom have decades of knowledge in what makes a difference in venue marketing.
You will have an opportunity to ask questions and gain feedback from experts on your current approach, as well as receive a follow up one-to-one session after the course.
Who is this course for?
We are looking for marketing team members at cinemas, film festivals and distribution companies who are excited about finding new approaches to reach audiences. You should be in a position to drive real change in your organisation and be making decisions about the way marketing budgets are spent.
How is the course taught?
The course is split between taught sessions designed to increase your knowledge of approaches to analytics and digital marketing, and workshops where you can learn how to identify, find and use data to help you improve your marketing and reach more audiences.
When and where will the course run?
The course will run at the Phoenix in Leicester over three days, from 10am – 6pm starting Tuesday 21 January, ending Thursday 23 January 2020.
This programme is supported by the ScreenSkills Film Skills Fund with contributions from UK film productions