UK Theatrical Sales Executive
Studiocanal are seeking a new UK Theatrical Sales Executive.
This is a key role within a busy UK Theatrical Sales team. Working across a wide variety of genres from limited to saturation release scales. The candidate will be responsible for optimising the box office potential of every Studiocanal theatrical release.
- Point of sales for key circuit exhibitors and selected independent exhibitors for dating films in accordance with sales strategy and budget objectives on release where appropriate/ approved by Head of UK Theatrical Sales.
- Constant liaison with aforementioned exhibitors, including the booking of upcoming releases, follow on bookings and weekly holdover negotiations, ensuring maximum representation / exploitation for all product.
- Building and sustaining a strong working relationship with all exhibitors from major circuits and independents in addition to those allocated accounts.
- Main point of contact with ComScore, the box office tracking service, liaising daily on missing box office grosses for all Studiocanal titles in the market.
- MACCS [Theatrical booking and invoicing system] administrator for the department, including daily box office downloads, in-putting print numbers, setting up titles, new cinemas, Rentrak film references, payer/booker information to keep the system up to date.
- Working closely with the Accounts team to ensure that all cross-department objectives are achieved, including that of credit control, and timely accurate billings.
- Daily contact with the Sales manager for Element Films, our distribution partner in Ireland. Ensuring clear lines of communications are kept, and strategies across all dating and bookings are aligned. Cover for Irish Sales manager when away.
- Liaising with Theatrical Dispatch Assistant responsible for final DCP and KDM orders, as well as Technical Department regarding film delivery; implementing a thorough knowledge of all transport options for the company for DCPs and marketing materials. This would include the booking of satellite space for that delivery method. Cover for theatrical dispatch assistant when away.
- Ensuring all bookings are processed with correct terms to allow accurate theatrical billing process.
- Ordering and invoicing across all digital prints & satellite sends. Also invoicing for Element Pictures, MPD and virtual print fee aggregators across designated accounts.
- Maintaining a vital awareness of industry trends, technological developments and formats in relation to future theatrical opportunities for the company. This also includes event cinema, theatrical windows and the overall life cycle of a film through the value chain.
- Building and maintaining knowledge of the competition and theatrical strategies.
- Assisting and covering for the Sales executive/Sales Manager as required, including trailering.
- Any other adhoc duties.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience gained within a film distributor or cinema.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills / Good numerical skills
- Assertive, confident approach to work
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Passion for film.
The closing date for this position is 17/06/2019 at 23:59