Salary: Fixed fee of £6,000 (approx 34 days @£175 per day)
Wildscreen Festival is looking for an experienced, driven and technical producer to support their small, dynamic and ambitious team deliver the 2020 Wildscreen Festival Virtual Edition.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide all technical expertise in the delivery of a virtual Wildscreen Festival and act as the single point of contact and communication for technical enquiries;
- Be the gatekeeper of the Festival delivery platform, Uscreen, managing and assisting the upload and scheduling of pre-recorded and live content;
- Delivery of live festival sessions and content, including liaison with Uscreen, the Festival delivery platform;
- Work with Festival Assistant to support launch and deliver of the on-demand screening library in mid-September;
- For both live and pre-recorded content, develop standard production guides and format for programme content, to be used by producers of key content including headliners, masterclasses, pre-recorded sessions, commissioner sessions, Q&As;
- Establish basic filming setup and platform for remote recorded and live sessions, working with session producers;
- First line technical support for producers, speakers and moderators;
- Assist with rehearsals and pre-records by offering support for delivery platforms, camera and microphones etc.;
- Management of media content including high res film files, clips, showreels and all pre-recorded content;
- Consultation on how to deliver pre-recorded and live videos ’On Brand’ and looking professional;
- Develop comprehensive support plans and be very reactive to requests both pre and during the festival, for both delegates, the team and contributors;
- Work with the Event Manager and CEO to ensure the technical elements of the budget are kept within limits agreed;
- Collaborate continually with the CEO, Event Manager and Session Producers;
- Provide the CEO with a report providing constructive feedback and suggestions for improvement on completion of the Festival.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, highly-motivated individual with a real willingness to get stuck in. You’ll relish the opportunity to make a real difference to our small, nimble but hugely ambitious charity.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of delivering virtual events and/or live streams;
- Excellent knowledge of film file formats, AV, file transfers and bandwidth and all aspects of content production and delivery;
- Experience using virtual/streaming platforms and video conference software such as Uscreen, Zoom, Vimeo, YouTube Live;
- Experience using presentation mediums such as Powerpoint and Keynote;
- Experience of managing and publishing content to public audiences using a CMS / content delivery platform;
- Strong knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and good general computer literacy.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to models as opportunities and limitations present themselves.
The successful candidate will also have
- The availability and ability to work remotely in the lead up to the Festival, with the ability to be in Bristol during the Festival itself, from 19-23 October, subject to government advice and guidance at the time.
- High levels of self-motivation, with the ability to act on own initiative, but also to work as part as a team.
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to managing a busy workload and problem-solving.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, discretion and professional integrity.
- The commitment to playing a full active role in the success of the Wildscreen Festival 2020.
To be considered for this role, please submit an expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the full job description, click here.
The closing date for this position is 13/08/2020 at 17:00