Technical Manager (for 195 Piccadilly)
BAFTA is looking for a Technical Manager to oversee the smooth operation and running of all the technical equipment, fixtures and fittings housed within their headquarters.
About BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
195 Piccadilly – Is BAFTA’s headquarters; our venue allows BAFTA to; double its year-round charitable work to find and support new talent across film, games and television; offer essential support to the industry; and ensure that careers in film, games and television are open to all. It will also generate additional income which will be used to expand our learning programmes throughout the UK and globally.
We have just undergone an extensive refurbishment programme and our new and increased space will enable BAFTA to support over 80,000 people to develop a career in the creative industries each year
Here’s a quote from – HRH The Duke of Cambridge KG, President of BAFTA
“I am a passionate supporter of BAFTA and I couldn’t be more proud of its ambitious plans to dramatically increase the support for new talent over the coming years.”
AN OUTSTANDING VENUE IN EVERY WAY
BAFTA is a leading global charitable institution focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
BAFTA’s Vision is:
We inspire new and unheard voices to become the future of the Film, Games and Television industries, we support talented people from all backgrounds to help them achieve their potential, we advocate progressive industry and cultural change, and we amplify and celebrate excellence across the screen industries.
BAFTA’s aims are: to champion the art and the craft, champion talent and champion the industry environment by:
- Identifying and celebrating industry practice deemed exceptional by peer review, thereby elevating the art and craft of film, games and TV
- Providing talent with recognition, inspiration, access and long term support, in particular those under- represented and underprivileged in society
- Enabling a positive and inclusive environment, for an accessible, sustainable and connected industry
- Managing the technical department at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly and overseeing the smooth operation and running of all the technical equipment, fixtures and fittings housed within the building.
- Ensuring the tech (both housed in the building and brought into the building) delivers the best possible member, guest and visitor experience; one that supports BAFTA’s positioning as celebrating the very best of creative expertise in Film, Games and Television.
- Making sure the technical facilities at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly remain state-of-the-art and are maintained to the very highest standards.
- Managing, developing and supporting the technical team and resources.
- Act as a conduit between all departments and the technical team to confidently promote BAFTA 195 Piccadilly tech capabilities and allow smooth processes on events from start to finish
- Be a key advocate for sustainability and environmental best practice at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly and ensuring health and safety systems are maintained to the highest standards.
- Manage the BAFTA 195 Piccadilly technical team and resources, ensuring all members of the team are fully trained on the technology
- Be a key part of the growth of BAFTA 195 Piccadilly and its technical and operational capabilities
- Work closely with BAFTA 195 Piccadilly’s departmental heads to ensure that the guest experience within
- BAFTA 195 Piccadilly remains Gold Standard
- Manage client liaison and contact regarding the technical requirements for their events and supporting these conversations with creative solutions
- Ensure the technical facilities at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly are maintained at the very highest standards and always remain industry leading
- Support the financial requirements of BAFTA 195 Piccadilly through maximizing technical and associated sales opportunities
- Manage all operational aspects of BAFTA 195 Piccadilly relating to the smooth running of the technical requirements of the building
- Ensure that the technical needs and requirements of all events and screenings that take place under the banner
- of BAFTA 195 Piccadilly are met
- Maintain close working relationships with BAFTA Tech and support and promote its usage
- Manage all technical outsourced contracts and contractor KPI’s setting
- Ensure departmental health and safety systems are maintained at the highest standards
- Hold responsibility for the technical department budgets
- Be a key advocate for sustainability and environmental best practice at BAFTA 195 Piccadilly
- Manage the service agreements with the partners and service team to ensure all kit is maintained to the highest standard
- Oversee the operation of Dolby Cinema servers including ingestion of material, construction of shows for conferences, AGMS and members screenings
Experience of managing a technical team in AV or live entertainment. The facilities of the building is all new technology including the AV and a BMS system, control lighting and QSC integrated sound.
- Previous experience in a technical venue role
- Commercial awareness and experience dealing with a multi stakeholder environment
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- General understanding/awareness of venue service provision and practical event practices.
- Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of an internal e-mail system and electronic diary
- Knowledge of multiple formats of video and presentation formats including:
- MAC (Keynote)
- Media servers (Pandora’s box preferably)
- HDCAM / SR
- Video Files (inc Prores/ mp4 /mov)
- Gaming Consoles
- AV streaming
- Photoshop / InDesign
Ideally you will be:
Excited about new technology, a good people manager willing to go the extra mile for the building, our guests and your Team. You will be a key-holder and point of contact for the building so flexibility in working hours through the working week (Including early mornings and late finishes).
You must have excellent people skills and understanding of AV, lighting, sound, staging and rigging and work with the BAFTA 195 Piccadilly to support, promote and develop the brand. Working within the events and production industry, and have experience within a range of event scales and genres.
You will also be happy to work with the technical department and have a positive approach to client queries
- Someone who is confident to talk to clients on the technology for the events
- Can liaise with suppliers and obtain best value with hire equipment
- Solid Health and Safety knowledge to interrogate RAMS
To apply, please use the form on our website to upload a document that in no more than 500 words explains why you think you are suitable for this position, the skills needed and in particular what experience/knowledge you have in relation to the role.
The closing date for this position is 24/03/2023 at 23:59