Sundance London 2022 Producer
Salary: Up to £15,000
Approaching its 7th edition in 2022, Picturehouse Cinemas who host The Sundance Film Festival London are now seeking a professional, creative festival producer to take the festival forward when it returns to its 4 day slot in late May/early June 2022 after a July edition this year.
The chosen candidate will be instrumental in bringing strategic ideas, practical application and vision to all festival activity, managing budgets, funding and partner relationships, whilst leading and inspiring the festival team.
Candidates must have proven festival and/or film event production capabilities, excellent multi-tasking skills and a love of independent film and a broader interest in art and culture. We support flexible working locations and hours, and welcome applications from groups under-represented in our organisation – particularly those identifying as BAME, LGBTQI+ and disabled.
Start date: Jan 2022 flexible hours/days -(1 day per week commitment from Jan leading up to full time 6 weeks prior to and over the festival weekend)
You will lead and work closely with the core SDL team at Picturehouse and Sundance Film Festival U.S to develop and put in place robust planning and processes for SDL 2022 and beyond. Managing ongoing strategic planning and stakeholder partnerships are key to the role, as is maintaining relationships with the venue Picturehouse Central, along with supporters and partners such as key distributors, funding bodies, sales agents and filmmakers.
Day-to-day you will oversee all festival production processes and planning across the entire festival structure, as well as taking responsibility for budgeting and financial management.
Attributes and Experience
- Experience of writing successful funding applications, taking them from conception to reporting
- Experience of managing, mentoring and supporting staff
- Able to work effectively as part of a small team and individually
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of financial management and budgeting
- Considerable knowledge of and interest in film and culture
- Experience in overseeing the delivery of complex projects
- Experience in filmmaker liaison and hosting
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity, and ensuring this is considered across projects
- Ability to find proactive, creative solutions to problems
- Able to effectively multi-task and work well under pressure
- Able to take accountability and ownership of complex situations
- Previous experience of working within a film or arts festival
- Knowledge of UK & International film exhibition, venues and festivals
- Experience of audience development strategy and execution
- Programming experience
- Understanding of technical processes associated with film exhibition
- Existing film, venue and cultural partner contacts
The closing date for this position is 08/10/2021 at 23:59