Member Events and Services Coordinator
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Directors UK is seeking a new Member Events and Services Coordinator (12 months fixed term).
Directors UK is the professional association and collective management organisation for film and television directors, collecting and distributing royalties to such directors in the UK. We provide a range of services to our members including campaigning and lobbying, commercial negotiations, legal advice, events, trade discounts, skills workshops and career development.
Job role and duties:
To provide administrative, events and project coordination across a programme of events, services and benefits for Directors UK members.
Reporting to: Director of Membership
Key relationships: Head of Skills and Career Development, Skills and Career Development Officer, Senior Communications and Digital Manager, Public Relations Manager, Digital and Content Manager, Head of Campaigns, Membership Manager
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Working closely with the Director of Membership to coordinate members’ and outreach events, during office hours as well as evenings and occasional weekends. Looking after all administration, guestlists, logistics, hospitality, talent and stage management; working with colleagues in the Communications team to ensure footage, images and recordings are available and releases arranged with relevant partners and speakers. Currently, due to COVID-19 restrictions, these events are planned and delivered online-only, this is subject to change.
- Delivering the member event programme, including film and television previews or highlight screenings with director Q&As; member engagement meetings; legal clinics; talks, lectures and panel sessions; collaborator networking and more.
- Being the primary contact for venues and suppliers, attending relevant tradeshows and meetings as Directors UK representative for this purpose.
- Liaising with distributors, PR agencies and talent as well as relevant industry bodies.
- Working collegiately with the Skills and Career Development team, the Communications team and Campaigns team to promote events, benefits and services to the industry and to our members.
- Be available for members queries via phone, email and in person. Dealing with enquiries from members and external contacts in a timely manner, regularly checking the events email account, flagging necessary items with team members.
- Create, maintain and update a member activity and engagement tracking document, liaising with the Skills and Career Development Officer and the Communications and Campaigns teams for relevant information.
- Support the Director of Membership and the Communications team in projects undertaken to increase and improve member engagement and member community. For example online forums and member open meetings.
- Support the Director of Membership in administrating and delivering outreach activity to grow membership base, attending relevant meetings, conferences and festivals as a Directors UK representative for this purpose.
- Support the Director of Membership in preparing for major organisational events and management activities throughout the year, including administrative support and research.
- Working with the Director of Membership, liaise with partners to deliver short film competition projects by assisting with arranging shooting dates, getting insurance quotes, contacting partners for post-production deals and liaising with the project producers to ensure credit assets are available and queries are dealt with.
- Administer team expenses, tracking expenditure monthly.
- Administer Members’ Press Card applications and renewals.
- Research and update member benefit opportunities; administrating those benefits, including overseeing and restocking members’ spaces when relevant.
- Greet and coordinate members visiting the Directors UK members’ lounge (note that the Directors UK members’ lounge at Stukeley Street is currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions).
For full details, including how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 19/10/2020 at 17:00