Independent Cinema Office
Salary: £200 day rate
The Independent Cinema Office (ICO) is a small arts organisation. We employ 21 people, and are based in central London. We are seeking a professional HR consultant to support our staff, provide management guidance, and help us to continue to develop an inclusive working environment. As a small team, we do not need full time support, but we do need professional expertise and guidance.
We have in place sound people processes and are looking for someone who can help us to keep developing, with an emphasis on our approach to diversity. There won’t be lots of admin to do, though we do need to know that our processes are up to date, compliant and effective. The HR consultant will be someone who can both listen to employees and help them on an individual basis, as well as providing managers and senior leaders with HR guidance.
The ICO is striving to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. This means working hard to remove unconscious bias and ensuring that people in under-represented groups are attracted to work here, given support to advance in their career, and are paid and rewarded fairly. Therefore, the HR consultant will advise and guide management initiatives on inclusion, and champion employee wellbeing support.
Terms of reference
We are looking for a consultant or small consultancy, who will work independently to provide the support we need.
Deliverables will be:
- Available for up to two days / 14 hours per month – both for employees and management support, on a retainer basis
- Advising management on the application of HR policies and procedures
- Advising and supporting employees with HR policies and procedures
- Auditing, developing and revising HR policies and procedures as needed to ensure compliance and that they are in keeping with the ICO’s friendly, creative culture – e.g. recruitment, employee contracts, staff handbook, equality policy, harassment & bullying policy, performance management etc.
- Advising senior management on diversity and inclusion initiatives (this could include attending recruitment panels)
Additional chargeable days per month will be mutually agreed, with notice, as and when needed for HR and inclusion-based projects.
You will be:
- CIPD qualified (or equivalent)
- Experienced generalist HR Consultant / Business Partner, able to work independently
- Proven ability to support employees, managers and senior managers alike
- Experienced working with small organisations
We would also welcome proposals from consultants who have successfully worked on diversity and inclusion projects and can support the ICO in creating a more inclusive workplace. We welcome proposals from consultants of all backgrounds, and would be particularly interested in speaking to anyone from under-represented groups.
We are offering rates of up to £200 per day for retained days. Please include your day rates for additional project work in your proposal, including any discounts you are able to offer.
How to apply:
Please provide a short proposal (no more than two pages), outlining your experience, your approach to consultancy and your rates and including your availability for interview.
Interviews will be confirmed as soon as possible – we will be seeking to hold interviews before the end of September. If this is not feasible for you, please let us know in your proposal.
The closing date for this position is 18/09/2020 at 17:00