Fundraising and Development Manager
Salary: £29,000 pro rata
Exeter Phoenix is looking for a Fundraising and Development Manager to join the team.
Hours: Part time, 2 to 3 days a week (to be negotiated)
Location: The role is fully flexible and can be a mixture of office based and working from home.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Fundraiser to shape, maintain and develop income generation across several fundraising strands. Our programme spans cinema, theatre, visual arts, dance, live music, courses and more. Fundraising at Exeter Phoenix has been growing since 2016 and we have had particular success in raising funds from Trusts and Foundations for both capital and revenue projects. There are key areas for growth in Individual Giving and Corporate.
To build on current success and identify opportunities to grow restricted and unrestricted income for Exeter Phoenix through various fundraising streams.
- Alongside Visitor Services Team, manage the Adopt a Seat campaign, including promotion, administration and development
- Update POS ask on website as and when appropriate
- Alongside Visitor Services Team, thank and maintain contact with regular / high value donors
- Organise donor nurturing events
- Work with the Director and Programming teams to identify and establish priority projects for funding
- Research appropriate trusts and foundations to approach for funding
- Develop compelling fundraising bids in partnership with programming teams
- Manage the submission of applications to deadlines and maintain the fundraising pipeline and other relevant documents
- Build new relationships with Trusts and Foundations in support of Exeter Phoenix’s capital projects and core activities
- Ensure excellent communication with current funders, including submission of reports
- Organise and minute the Development Subcommittee
- Report to the Development Subcommittee on approaches and successes on a bi-monthly basis.
- Achieve fundraising targets
- Prepare reports for the Director, Board and funders as required
- Maintain relationships with current corporate supporters, and develop new leads
- Manage all paperwork and fulfil commitments relating to corporate support
- Identify and develop other potential sources for income
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed appropriate by the Director
- To work with other staff to communicate a strong, consistent message for Exeter Phoenix.
- To work with volunteers and casual staff as appropriate
- Self-starter and motivator
- Significant and sustained proven fundraising experience within the arts, education or charity sectors
- Experience of writing successful Trust and Foundation applications, including a strong case for support
- Good interpersonal skills and an enjoyment of working closely with donors
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage a workload efficiently and effectively so deadlines are met
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity for lateral thinking
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- An active interest in the arts
- Able to work on own initiative with energy, determination and flair
- A working knowledge of databases
Visit the Exeter Phoenix website.
The closing date for this position is 14/06/2021 at 17:00