Front of House Manager
Hebden Bridge Picture House
Salary: £21,589 - £23,836 pro rata
- Post grade: Scale 5 (SCP 12 – 17: £21,589 – £23,836) pro rata
- House: 0.5 FTE (18.5 hours per week)
Hebden Royd Town Council is seeking to recruit a proactive, efficient and experienced Front of House Manager for the Hebden Bridge Picture House, to work on an 0.5 FTE / 18.5 hour per week basis. The post holder will be responsible for managing the team of Duty Managers and Ushers (the Front of House team) at the Picture House.
The role comprises two shifts per week front of house as a Duty Manager (approximately 3.5 hours per shift) with the remainder of the role’s hours being two office-based sessions of 5.5 / 6 hours each. The abilities to remain calm under pressure and work well as part of a team are essential. The post holder will demonstrate excellent customer service.
We are looking for someone who can regularly work Saturday evening and Wednesday / Tuesday evening as a Duty Manager. The office hours will be worked across two sessions (Tuesday and Friday are proposed initially). Once in post, it may be possible to adjust certain working days / hours by agreement with other staff.
There will be a requirement to work occasional additional hours as a Duty Manager (covering holiday / sickness absence and working a share of additional shifts e.g. matinees during school holidays). Evening and weekend working hours, with some periods of lone working, are standard in this role.
The Front of House Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Front of House operation at the Picture House
- Ensuring the Front of House team is appropriately trained and supervised
- Working in the role of Duty Manager as part of weekly contracted hours
- Having responsibility for the cinema’s Box Office operations
- Being the primary point of contact for patrons of the cinema
- Ensuring that the Picture House is a safe operation for staff and customers
- Deputising for the Manager during periods of Manager absence on leave.
An application form, job description, person specification and candidate privacy notice can be obtained from (and should be returned to): The Town Clerk, Hebden Royd Town Council, The Town Hall, St Georges Street, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7BY or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by noon on Monday 11th November 2019. Interview date Wednesday 20th November 2019.
The post will be awarded on a casual basis, and the hours and contract will become permanent following the completion of a six-month probationary period.
The closing date for this position is 11/11/2019 at 12:00