Events Manager (5 months fixed term)
Salary: £30,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Directors UK is looking for an Events Manager to join their team on a five-month fixed-term basis.
About Directors UK
Directors UK is the professional association of UK screen directors. It is a membership organisation representing the creative, economic, and contractual interests of over 8,000 members – the majority of working TV and film directors in the UK. Directors UK negotiates rights deals and collects and distributes royalties to its members. It also campaigns and lobbies on its members’ behalf and provides a range of services including legal advice, events and career development. Directors UK works closely with fellow organisations around the world to represent directors’ rights and concerns, promotes excellence in the craft of direction and champions change to the current landscape to create an equal opportunity industry for all.
Job role and duties
Working closely with the Member Engagement and Events Manager to produce a slate of online and in-person events. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to deliver multiple projects and manage excellent working relationships with our members and event partners.
Key terms of employment
- Reporting to: Member Engagement and Events Manager
- Salary: £30,000 pa pro-rata
- Hours: 9:30am – 5:30pm (with occasional evening hours and weekend work).
- Work Days: Monday – Friday with occasional weekends.
- Location: Directors UK office at 4th Floor, 22 Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LR and home working.
- Contract: Full time, five-month fixed contract employment starting early September 2023 – December 2023 / January 2024.
- Holidays: 25 days per year plus all public and bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Annual health check from Nuffield Health
- Eye Test (reimbursement of up to £50 for cost of annual eye test)
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer – we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This appointment is subject to satisfactory references and completion of a one month probationary period. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply please send to: email@example.com
- a personal statement as to why you consider yourself suited to this role, referring to themresponsibilities and person specification (max. 500 words) and
- your CV
Application closing date: Sunday 25 June 2023
Interviews to take place: Week Commencing 3 July 2023
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please see here for full details regarding the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
The closing date for this position is 25/06/2023 at 00:00