Ealing Project - General Assistant
Really Local Group
Salary: £11.05 per hour (London Living Wage)
Really Local Group is looking for General Assistants to join their new venue in Ealing.
Each and every member of the team at the Ealing Project is responsible for maintaining the highest levels of customer service throughout the venue. More specifically, you will work across all areas of the venue, including bar, cafe box office, cinema ushering and support in the delivery of live music and cultural events. You will be expected to support the General Manager in maintaining best-in-class presentation and ensuring all health & safety and licensing standards are followed.
We have a talented and dedicated team to help deliver our vision. If you think you are the right person to join us, we would love to hear from you!
Really Local Group creates and restores cultural infrastructure through the regeneration and renewal of the UK’s high streets, with cinema at the heart of its venues. Each venue is uniquely designed to reflect its locality – we engage with local arts clubs and community groups to facilitate their activities by providing them with a much needed ‘home’.
Found in the exciting West London hub of Ealing Broadway, our brand-new venue the ‘Ealing Project’ will feature a fully functional 3-screen cinema, bar, café, workspace and dedicated live music.
- To provide excellent customer service to all our guests.
- To be well presented and maintain your uniform to a high level.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the venue during operating hours.
- Be up to date with all films currently on release as well as any upcoming events.
- To be flexible in your position, potentially working in different areas of the business depending on the business’s requirements.
- To troubleshoot any customer enquiries where possible and direct them to the correct line of communication if necessary.
- Support and train new members of staff using your own experience gained.
- Assist venue management in any way that is reasonably required.
- Comply with all operational policies outlined by the company upon employment.
- Participate in any relevant training, professional development and team meetings as set out by the management team.
- To assist with any hires or events where Ealing Project acts as the host venue.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all products and memberships on offer.
- To be responsible for communicating any potential hazards or health and safety issues to the management team as soon as possible.
As well as your main responsibilities you will be expected to assist venue management in any tasks pertaining to the successful operation of the venue, as reasonably required.
- Personable and welcoming.
- Flexible and approachable working attitude.
- Takes a proactive approach to tasks and displays a strong work ethic.
- Able to work at key business hours (evenings, weekends etc).
- Able to work individually as well as take instruction from the management team.
- A demonstrable passion for cinema and events.
- Previous experience in hospitality or customer facing roles
- Reporting to: General Manager
- Salary: £11.05 per hour. (London Living Wage)
- Hours: We have both full-time & part-time positions available.
- Working days: a mixture of days and nights, weekdays, on the weekends and bank holidays.
- Benefits: Free cinema tickets, in-venue discounts and development opportunities.
Please send us a short introductory email letting us know why you’re interested in becoming a General Assistant. Please also attach a CV and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Ealing Project – General Assistant.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
The closing date for this position is 25/04/2022 at 12:00