Digital Cinema Support Engineer
Arts Alliance Media
Arts Alliance Media is looking for a skilled and dedicated Digital Cinema Support Engineer.
This role ensures Arts Alliance Media offers the highest level of technical support for both our own software products as well as 3rd party digital cinema equipment. Working within the Technical Service Department, the Technical Support Desk is the first point of contact for all AAM customers support needs. The role requires customer service and communication skills as the Support Specialist will have many customer facing responsibilities. In addition, the role also requires technical ability as the Specialist will also play a role in the diagnosis and often fixing of technical issues.
The Technical Service Desk also has a number of key responsibilities internal to the company. Often linking many of the other Services teams and liaising with AAM support partners. The TSD needs to be flexible, able to prioritise work by impact and criticality to customer, as well as managing their time throughout the day.
- 1st point of contact for AAM customers to report technical issues, request sales quotes, RMA’s, software licenses and seeking general support.
- Information gathering from customers about their support request and technical needs.
- Able to communicate with customers of differing technical ability and seniority.
- Raising and managing support cases in the OTRS ticketing system, ensuring the correct classification and data is associated to each ticket.
- Prioritisation of tickets based on importance, criticality and impact to customers.
- Working on and resolving tickets within predefined SLA’s.
Ticket escalation and follow up when work is beyond the technical skill level of the Technical Service Desk.
- Fault diagnosis and attempted fix, either through communication with customer or direct intervention via remote tools.
- Configuration & calibration of Digital Cinema projection equipment (Projectors and Servers).
- Fault log interrogation.
- Proactive monitoring of cinema equipment across entire AAM network.
- RAID drive error diagnosis and replacement.
- Basic network fault finding for site connectivity as well as internal networks.
- Monitoring of playback log collection.
- Update and management of customer data in company database, ranging from basic contact info to equipment
- tracking and warranty accounts.
- Creation and management of metadata allowing for Cinema adverts to be correctly delivered to sites.
The ideal candidate will be from a technical of cinema background. However anybody who can meet the following attributes would be a good potential candidate:
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A problem solver who can think ‘outside-the-box’ to find ways around issues and solve problems in tight deadlines while under pressure.
- Proficiency in MS Office & Outlook.
- Key Competencies: high attention to detail, high level of consistency in work, ability to multitask, ability to remain calm and patient in time dependent situations.
- Ability to work shift patterns spanning 6am to 11pm opening times, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. (9 hour shifts, 3 days per week)
- High degree of self-motivation.
For more details on the role and details on how to apply, click here.
The closing date for this position is 25/10/2019 at 23:59