Business Affairs Executive (Global Screen Funds)
British Film Institute
Salary: £56,508 - £66,765 plus generous benefits package
The BFI is seeking a Business Affairs Executive to provide legal and business affairs support and advice to the Global Screen Funds (GSF) throughout the 1st year pilot phase.
- Advising on the BFI’s legal and business affairs position with respect to all grants made and projects supported by the GSF.
- Drafting and negotiating funding agreements, and reviewing, drafting and negotiating other relevant documents, as required, for all grants made and projects supported by the GSF.
- Advising on relevant legal matters relating to general GSF activity, including as to applicable law and regulations, tax (including UK creative sector tax reliefs) and general policy matters.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified lawyer (ideally 3yrs+ PQE, or equivalent) with demonstrable experience and understanding of all aspects of screen content development, production (including co-production), distribution and sales in the UK and internationally.
- Proven track record specialising in commercial and entertainment law, with an emphasis on film and television development, production (including co-production) and exploitation.
- Strong business acumen/commercial judgement with an ability to grasp complex issues quickly, and to present a proposal or argument clearly.
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and be proactive in managing all GSF related legal and business affairs matters.
The role is predominantly based at BFI Stephen Street, however, in response to the current Covid-19 pandemic all team members are currently working remotely from home until the foreseeable future and we welcome applications from anywhere in the UK.
You will enjoy benefits such as our pension scheme, excellent support for working parents, 28-33 days annual leave, tickets to BFI festivals and events plus many others. We support flexible working.
Further details about the post can be obtained by visiting the BFI website.
The closing date for applications is Monday 1 March 2021
First interviews will be held on Monday 15 March 2021
The closing date for this position is 01/03/2021 at 23:59