BFI Film Academy Young Programmers 2023/24
British Film Institute
Salary: £11.95 per hour
The BFI are looking for 10 Young Programmers aged between 16 to 25 to help them shape and promote the BFI Film Academy events programme 2023/24
The role incorporates previewing film submissions for BFI Future Film Festival 2024, programming and hosting events online and in venue at the BFI Southbank in London, generating marketing and editorial content, and generally acting as the face of BFI Film Academy events!
Freelance Arrangement June 2023 – May 2024, £11.95 per hour
We’re seeking individuals from a range of backgrounds who are interested in developing their programming, hosting and marketing skills.
Key requirements include (full requirements can be found in the role description):
- Be aged between 16 and 25. We are looking to engage applicants across this age bracket, so this year we will be seeking people in three cohorts (those aged between 16-18, 19-22 and 23-25).
- Be predominantly based in the UK between June 2023 and May 2024 and have the right to work in the UK
- Have access to a computer and reliable internet connection
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be passionate about film and curating programmes for young people
- Have some experience in film festivals, film programming, writing about film, film marketing or similar
- Be able to express their opinions in a clear, constructive way
- Have some experience writing copy for web and/or social media
- Be confident speaking in public or hosting an online event
- Be interested in marketing and feel particularly at home on social media
- Have great ideas about the best way to marketing content to our young audiences
- Feel comfortable using an online submissions portal (with support from us)
- Be able to commit additional hours throughout the year for non-previewing opportunities such as event curating and planning, event hosting and short film reviewing, on an ad hoc basis
- Be available to attend occasional meetings and training with the BFI Film Academy team during the working week (Monday – Friday, 10am-6pm).
- Monday 12th June + Tuesday 13th June 2023 – Required in-person training at the BFI Southbank in London. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered.
Monday 19th June 2023 – Monday 21st August 2023- Up to 2 hours per week*
Monday 21st August 2023 – Friday 29th September 2023- Up to 6 hours per week*
*hours per week will be subject to the number of submissions received.
Online and in-venue at the BFI Southbank in London, if and when possible. The majority of work can be done remotely and any in-venue requirements will be discussed and agreed in advance when required.
We are looking for Young Programmers from all over the UK, so don’t worry if you’re not in London – it’s absolutely not a deal breaker!
Please apply via our jobs portal.
Further details about the post can be obtained by visiting http://www.bfi.org.uk/about-bfi/job-opportunities.
Virtual Interviews will be held remotely on Thursday 01 June and Friday 02 June 2023
The closing date for this position is 09/05/2023 at 23:59