Really Local Group is looking for a senior manager for their much-loved independent cinema in the heart of Catford.
You will assist with the day-to-day operations of the venue as well as deputise for the General Manager in their absence. Working alongside the rest of the management team, you will set a clear direction for the venue, listening to guest and community feedback and building it into your overall vision for the space.
Along with the General Manager, you will ensure guests to the venue have an excellent experience and receive the highest level of customer service. Our ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and be passionate in developing the venue into a thriving, cultural hub for the whole community to enjoy.
Really Local Group creates and restores cultural infrastructure through the regeneration and renewal of the UK’s high streets, with cinema at the heart of its venues. Each venue is uniquely designed to reflect its locality – we engage with local arts clubs and community groups to facilitate their activities by providing them with a much needed ‘home’.
Catford Mews, established in 2019, is a 3-screen cinema, bar, event space and food market. Catford Mews, alongside all our venues, aims to support local businesses and develop a creative community who will be able to work, create and perform all under one roof.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Deputise for the General Manager where applicable.
- Act as a key holder for the site and ensure all opening and closing duties are being carried out correctly.
- Help ensure all health and safety, HR, security, and financial procedures are being upheld.
- Manage emergency procedures and be responsible for the safety of both staff and guests whilst on shift.
- Assist with stock control i.e. ordering, accepting deliveries, inputting wastage and performing weekly stock takes.
- Undertake weekly cinema projection tasks i.e. Scheduling projectors, DCP storage / delivery and inhouse projector maintenance.
- Organise regular team training and meetings.
- Uphold any licensing, legislative and business requirements that must be adhered to.
- Manage cleaning schedules and ensure all staff / the venue look presentable.
- Acts upon all instructions given by Operations Manager, Programming Manager and Company Directors.
- Assist and organise the training of staff in all current policies and procedure and mentor their development.
- Manage the performance of the venue’s duty managers and staff.
- Help build your team through a successful application process.
- Lead your team to achieve improved business performance through upselling, venue promotion and guest satisfaction.
- Assist and create weekly staff rota ensuring staffing levels are consistent with levels of business and submit to payroll.
- Promote a positive working environment for all staff on shift.
- Help build and implement a programme of outstanding customer service from top to bottom.
- Provide guidance and assist with any customer enquiries / feedback.
- Be present in the venue during key business times to manage and improve customer’s experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all products and memberships on offer.
- Be up to date with any films currently on release as well as any upcoming events, promotions etc.
- Actively participate in the venue’s programming and work with special events / marketing teams.
As well as your main responsibilities you will be expected to carry out any tasks pertaining to the successful operation of the venue as reasonably required.
What we’re looking for
- A background in cinema management or similar hospitality experience.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Great organisation and time management skills.
- Experience in developing operational processes and implementing procedure.
- Great numeracy and literacy skills.
- Personable and welcoming.
- Confident communicator with customers and staff.
- Flexible and approachable working attitude.
- IT proficient.
- Able to work at key business hours (evenings, weekends, bank holidays etc).
- A demonstrable passion for cinema and events.
Please send your CV and supporting cover letter explaining why you want to join the team to email@example.com with the subject line: Catford Mews – Assistant Manager.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Deadline for applications is Midday Monday 20 September 2021
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Place of work: Catford
Designated working hours: 40 hours per week, (evening and weekend work will be required).
Benefits: Cinema tickets, discounts in the venue.
Reporting to: General Manager.
The closing date for this position is 20/09/2021 at 12:00