With support from BFI Film Academy using funds from the National Lottery, the Young Film Programmers’ (YFP) Network aims to increase access to and appreciation of cultural cinema among 16-25-year olds across the South East of England, and encourage a greater awareness of strategic progression routes for young people within the industry.
What is a Young Film Programmer's Group?
A Young Film Programmer’s Group is a facilitated group of 16-25 year olds who meet on a regular basis to increase their knowledge of independent film and have the opportunity to programme, plan, market and present screenings to share their voice with a wider audience. YFP Groups give young people a stake in venues and help to increase audiences of their peers who may otherwise be generally disengaged from non-mainstream cinema.
What is the YFP Network?
Established in 2017, the YFP Network works with venues and organisations across the Film Hub South East area, connecting their YFP Group members and facilitators for networking, training, resources, advice and opportunities for progression within the industry.
Support from BFI Film Academy enables us to provide a range of opportunities for our Young Film Programmers to gain industry insights and professional advice to support and develop their own programming and filmmaking practices. See some of our previous events here.
Become a member
YFP Network membership is free and easy to join! Benefits include:
- Comprehensive resource pack
- FREE initial start-up training for up to three staff members
- FREE follow-up training and networking sessions for member venues and facilitators
- Monthly e-newsletter and email updates and opportunities
- Access to discounted film titles via YFP Network Funding bids
- Access to monthly online webinars with industry experts
- Access to our online training course for YFPs featuring videos, information, resources and links to provide them with a thorough understanding of what being a Young Film Programmer is all about!
- Advice on and access to progression opportunities for your Young Film Programmers
- Year-round support, advice and resources for facilitators and signposting other opportunities
If you are interested in finding out more about running a Young Film Programmers’ Group, or currently run a YFP group in the region please get in touch with Julia, our Network Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
About BFI Film Academy
BFI Film Academy offers opportunities for 16-25 year olds, anywhere in the UK, to get to know more about film and how to make a career in the screen industries. A range of accessible courses offers opportunities for those wanting to test the water through to young people keen to hone their skills, including those available through the YFP Network (South East).
The YFP Network (South East) is part of the UK-wide BFI Film Academy programme and is supported using funds from the National Lottery.
Click here for more information about BFI Film Academy.