Film Hub South East Project Lab (Writers Labs) – Brighton
30/01/2019 - 30/01/2019
11am to 3pm
Room 102, University of Brighton, Brighton
To help filmmakers develop their ideas for this competition, we are running a writers’ lab in participation with Oska Bright, taking place in Room 102, University of Brighton, Edward Street on Wednesday 30th January 2019.
Participation in this lab is open to filmmakers based in the South East who are:
- Students at the University of Brighton, OR
- Have a learning disability and are looking to find a collaborative partnership to make a film.
All applicants must also have an idea for a short film under 10 minutes in length.
The event is free and lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Oska Bright Film Festival is a Carousel project. Carousel is a learning disability arts organisation with over 30 years’ experience in supporting learning disabled artists to explore, develop and create work. Senior Producer David Parker from Carousel will be supporting the lab and the Oska Bright Film Festival student film competition.
With many thanks to the University of Brighton for supporting this event.
Who can apply
To apply you must:
- Be over 18
- Be either a student at the University of Brighton OR a filmmaker with a learning disability
- Have an idea for a short film under 10 minutes in length
- Based in the South East of England (in regions designated by the BFI, map here)
Participation in this lab is free. As space is limited, please note there is a selection process before your attendance is confirmed.
Applications should be made to David Parker at Carousel.
- First, download the application pack and application form.
- Once you have completed your application form, email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you can’t complete the form, you can send David a short video instead. If you prefer to apply this way, please contact David: email@example.com | 01273 234734.
The deadline for applications is end Saturday 19th January 2019.
Please note that there is a limited number of places and you will be notified following the deadline if you have received a place.
If you have any queries about the application process or your eligibility, please contact David Parker at: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01273 234734