Film Hub South East Programming Group: Exhibitor sessions (May 2019)
12.30 to 5.15pm
Welwyn Garden City Cinema, Welwyn Garden City
Take me to:How to get there
Film Hub South East is supporting cinemas in the South East to be ambitious with the films they show on screen. We are working with a group of cinemas across the region – the Film Hub South East Programming Group – on a long-term audience development programme to expand the films they show; supported by expert guidance and assistance with film hire costs.
We host regular day-long meetings with the Programming Group and are now able to open up the afternoon industry sessions to Film Hub South East members. Lunch is provided.
Please note: in addition to being a Film Hub South East member, you will need to be an exhibitor in order to attend.
Join us on the afternoon of Thursday 9th May 2019 at Welwyn Garden City Cinema to:
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch
- Listen to Duncan Carson (former ICO Marketing & Communications Manager, now Marketing Manager for Curzon Cinemas and programmer of screening series Nobody Ordered Wolves) discuss marketing for art-house films, with an emphasis on social media
- Listen to a brief presentation from Into Film on their consultations with 16-19 year olds, their findings and the implications for audience development
- See a preview screening of A Season in France, the acclaimed new film by Chadian director Mahamat Saleh Haroun
- Meet members of the Film Hub South East team and discuss our opportunities
- Network with other Hub members.
See the full schedule here. Please note that the sessions open to wider FHSE membership begin at lunch; the morning sessions are for Programming Group members only.
Availability for this free event is limited and on a first come, first served basis, please book your place as soon as possible.
Click the ‘Book Now’ button above right and complete the brief online registration form to book your place.
Please note that precise timings will be confirmed, along with firm details of the speaker, film title and full agenda, very shortly.
If you have any queries about booking your place or the event itself, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get there
Welwyn Garden City Cinema
Welwyn Garden City
There is a large public car park at next to CW Entertainment with 312 spaces. This includes 304 parking bays and 8 advisory disabled bays. It is often very busy please so please arrive in plenty of time. Do not pay on arrival to the car park, pay at a machine only when you are ready to depart in your car. For more details click here.
Welwyn Garden City railway station is a 10 minute walk from the cinema. Regular services operate to and from Cambridge, London Moorgate and London King’s Cross via Great Northern Rail and Thameslink. Book tickets.