The Independent Cinema Office presents an essential one-day training course for exhibitors in the EM Media region who are aiming to maximise media coverage for film-related events or festivals whilst working with limited time, money and resources, including: independent cinemas; arts centre staff; established and emerging festivals; event organisers; venue PR and marketing staff; film societies; and arts development officers.
Whether you have previous experience dealing with the press or not, the course will teach you how to generate and handle PR and will enable you to maximise your national and regional media coverage in the press, in broadcast media, and on the web. You will learn foolproof strategies first-hand from a recognised expert in the field of festival and event PR - and get the chance to quiz a national journalist and an internet PR specialist too.
The course will cover the following areas:
- How to successfully plan and manage a media campaign
- How to integrate your PR strategy with your programming and marketing activity, and how to communicate your media campaign internally
- The ‘dos and don’ts’ of writing and distributing media releases
- Recognising and selling your most appealing media stories and angles
- Who are the key journalists, broadcasters and programmes you can’t afford not to contact?
- Contacts and strategies to increase your event’s visibility on the internet, best strategies for visibility across all digital channels and distribution platforms
- Optimising your resources to make maximum impact.
- How to achieve the best national and local press coverage
- Methods of data capture using traditional and new media methods
- Assessing and attracting new and emerging market segments.
Course Tutor: Clare Wilford
Clare Wilford is one of the UK’s leading film, television and animation publicists, specialising in event and film festival PR. Clare has orchestrated press campaigns for numerous film organisations and festivals including: Animated and Brief Encounters in Bristol; the Birmingham International Film and Television Festival; the London Film Festival; the Cambridge Film Festival; the Empire Magazine Film Awards; and the Edinburgh International Television Festival.
Booking your place:
This course is now over. If you would like to enquire about other courses or want to be added to our training mailing list, please email Sarah Rutterford or call 020 7636 7120.
This project is funded by the Skillset Film Skills Fund, which is supported by the National Lottery through the UK Film Council and the film industry through the Skills Investment Fund. Skillset is the Sector Skills Council for the audio visual industries - www.skillset.org.
This training day has been organised in partnership with and with the financial support of EM Media.