- David Sin, Head of Cinemas, ICO – Course Leader
- Mia Bays, Creative Producer, Microwave, Film London
- Rachael Castell, Interactive Consultant
- Muffin Hix, Lost Picture Show and Fringe! Film Festival
- Sally Hodgson, Producer of Marketing and Distribution, Sound It Out
- Patrick Hurley, Dogwoof Films
- Ben Metcalf, Curzon Franchise Manager, Curzon Cinemas
- Jonny Tull, Programme Manager, Tyneside Cinema
- Christo Wallers, Co-founder, Star and Shadow Cinema
- Clare Wilford, Film PR Consultant
More great speakers to be announced soon....
Fees and Bursaries
The course is free but in order to secure a place successful applicants will need to pay a £30.00 deposit that will be refunded to them on the final day of the Lab. A limited number of bursaries are available for successful applicants who need financial assistance towards travel, accommodation and childcare or adult care costs. We also have an access fund to assist applicants with disabilities to attend the training.
Queens Hall Arts and Blyth Valley Arts and Leisure are offering to pay the deposit of £30 for young people who live in South East Northumberland. Address of attendee therefore must be supplied in the booking system.
- Be aged between 16 – 25 years old
- Be available to attend all three days of the Lab
All are welcome to apply for the Lab, but we particularly welcome applications from new entrants currently under-represented in the film industry, including women, young people from black and minority ethnic backgrounds and those with disabilities. We also encourage applications from young people who may not currently be employed or in education, young carers and cared for young people, young offenders and lone parents.
Applications for this Lab are now closed. If you have any queries about the course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The project is funded by First Light, the organisation distributes £1.1 million of National Lottery money, through BFI funding as part of the ‘Young Film Fund’, each year.
Images courtesy of Broadway Cinema.