Could your organisation benefit from a day of professional development designed especially for your needs?
In addition to our regular programme of training courses which are open to all film exhibitors, the ICO delivers bespoke events tailored to the needs of individual organisations or groups.
We have delivered bespoke training for clients including:
- Northwest Vision and Media – a fundraising workshop for 18 cinemas, festivals, cross arts venues and film societies
- Film London – training in engaging culturally diverse audiences for 35 of the capital's cinemas and film festivals
- Chew TV – an introduction to programming for the young people that select the films shown on this web TV channel
- Production Guild – understanding film exhibition for film producers
- Europa Cinemas – workshops for European exhibitors on reaching young audiences
- Babilla Cine – programming and audience development for specialised cinema for Colombian exhibitors, sponsored by UNESCO.
The ICO is the only provider of professional training for film exhibitors in the UK in subjects such as programming and audience development. Since 2003, we have trained over 1000 people from more than 635 organisations. Our staff have many years experience of programming and development and our specialist knowledge of the UK film exhibition sector is internationally recognised. We also have strong relationships with a diverse range of well-known industry contacts who we can call upon to give guest presentations. We have a working culture of transparency and dialogue and the ICO brand is perceived as a byword for trust, integrity and sound critical and commercial judgement.
We can devise and run sessions on subjects including film programming, audience development, marketing, PR and fundraising. We can also lead team building days, offering your staff the chance to take a step back from day-to-day operations, improve cross-departmental understanding and strengthen internal communications. We can tailor events according to your organisation's circumstances, your staff's needs and your professional development budget.
Contact Tilly Walnes, Head of Exhibitor Development, to discuss your requirements.