ICO staff have considerable experience of undertaking consultancy work in the areas of audience research, business planning, film programming, technical advice, cinema development and feasibility studies.
Clients have included:
- Adur District Council
- Birkbeck College, University of London
- Gulbenkian Cinema
- Hull City Council
- Northern Film and Media
- Phoenix Square
- Portsmouth City Council
- The Roundhouse (London)
- Screen West Midlands
- UK Film Council
The ICO is ideally positioned for consultancy work within the film industry because of the sheer diversity of its activities. Its charitable status ensures it has no commercial agenda other than the promotion of a robust sustainable independent film sector. The ICO has no affiliations with any commercial organisation and has no share-holders. Through its relationships with key industry bodies including the British Film Institute, Arts Council of England, Skillset and First Light as well as a plethora of commercial organisations, the ICO is in an excellent position to provide detailed informed critical advice on all aspects of the exhibition and distribution industries.
Some of the advantages of working with the ICO in a consultancy role include:
- Unlike any other body in the UK or internationally, it uniquely functions as an exhibitor, festival organiser, distributor, trainer and industry advocacy body.
- Thanks to its charitable not-for-profit status the ICO is impartial and its advice is truly independent.
- Access to specialist industry intelligence.
- Access to the largest UK database of independent cinemas, film rights information, festivals, distributors and film-related arts organisations.
- The statistical results of the largest survey of independent cinemas ever undertaken in the UK.
- Access to the experience of an unequalled range of ICO clients from every part of the independent sector – including internationally.
- Being plugged into a supportive community through the networking opportunities we provide.
- A working culture of transparency, dialogue and partnership.
- The ICO's brand is perceived as a byword for trust, integrity and sound critical/commercial judgement.
- A focal point for encouraging two-way exchange between exhibitors, galleries, distributors and artists.
- A resource for collating public opinion (data-capture) on all aspects of cinema going.
- A resource for providing clients with audience and industry data-capture tools.
- An organisation uniquely positioned between both public and industry equipping both with the tools to hold a meaningful dialogue.
- A pool of in-house expertise plus extensive external specialist contacts.
We can work on large, long-term projects, or for smaller projects, we also offer one-hour one-to-one advisory sessions.
If you have a project that you would like to discuss with us, please contact David Sin | 020 7079 0475